Miss Southwest Michigan Scholarship Pageant is a CLOSED pageant. Only residents from Berrien, Cass, Kalamazoo, St. Joseph, or Van Buren counties are eligible to compete for the title of Miss Southwest. Miss Southwest Michigan is for young women between the ages of 17-25 years old.
Please email us if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requirements To Qualify:
To compete in the Miss Southwest Michigan Scholarship Pageant, a contestant must:
- Be at least 17 years old and entering your senior year of high school.
- Be no older than 25 on December 31st of the year you could be chosen to represent Michigan in the National Finals.
- Be single, never been married.
- Live, work full time, or attend school full time in Michigan.
- Be a high school graduate by the time you compete for Miss Michigan.
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the local program in which you compete.
- Be able to meet the time commitment and responsibilities as set forth by the Miss Michigan pageant should you win the title of Miss Michigan.
Age Eligibility Requirements
The Miss America Organization’s contestant age eligibility requirements are based on a calendar year, not a pageant cycle. In order to be eligible to compete in a local or state competition, a contestant cannot be older than twenty-five (25) years of age on December 31st the year she could be chosen to represent her state in the National Finals.
In order to meet age eligibility requirements to compete in local competitions for the 2021 State Competition, a contestant must be at least 17 years of age and her birth year can be no earlier than 1995.
How to Apply:
- Each candidate must register for the 2022 competition season here. There is a one-time $35 registration fee for each competition season.
- After paying the $35 registration fee, you will receive a receipt and the State Executive Director will send you a welcome letter with your next steps.
- To compete in a local competition, each candidate must fill out the local registration form the $75 per local competition registration fee. Be sure to indicate Miss Southwest as the local competition name when registering.
- After registering, complete your contract, resume, and platform.