The 2012 Miss Southwest Outstanding Teen contest will take place on October 20th, 2012 at St. Joseph High School. The Pre-Teen and Princess pageants will be in the afternoon, followed by the Miss and Miss Outstanding Teen pageants in the evening.
For more information and an application, please email: email@example.com
Applications due August 27th!
To be eligible to compete in Miss Southwest Michigan Outstanding Teen Pageant contestants;
- Must be between 13 and 17 years of age and no more than an upcoming Junior in High School for the Fall of 2012.
- Must never have been married or have any children.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America’s Outstanding Teen Organization.
- Must not be eligible to compete on the miss level in the Miss America Program at any point during the current pageant year.
To be eligible to compete in Miss Southwest Michigan’s Outstanding Teen Pageant, the contestant must comply with the following Residency Requirements:
- Must reside in or be enrolled in, and attending classes on a full-time basis in an accredited school or home-schooling program;
- Must have completed one full semester as a full-time student, if contestant is competing in a state due to her status as a student in that state.
- Must be a resident of Michigan for a minimum of six (6) months prior to her Local Competition;
Areas of Competition Categories and Scoring Percentages
- Talent – 35%
- Private Interview – 35%
- Evening Wear – 15%
- Physical Fitness – 10%
- On-Stage Question – 5%
Guidelines for Areas of Competition
- Talent presentations must not exceed 2 minutes
- Only the contestant will be permitted on stage during her talent presentation. No other person can be part of her presentation.
- Talent presentations must be performed live
- Talent routines that are prohibited include: the use of fire, fireworks, swords, knives, or machetes; bow and arrow acts; live animals; taking off of clothing layers.
- Contestants will wear a dress, pantsuit or other attire suitable for a job interview. The interview will be “panel-style” with the questions asked in “press conference style” by the judges. The judge asking the first question is determined before the interview begins and, after that question, there is no pre-determined order of questions. Any judge may ask a question at any time.
- There is no opening or closing statement
- The total amount of time for interview will be six (6) minutes
- Contestants select evening gown, cocktail-type pantsuit, or other evening wear attire suitable to the individual contestant.
- Contestants will wear shorts that she would work out in and a fitness t-shirt or tank top (no bare midriffs.)
- Contestants will be asked one question.